SURREY WOMEN'S PLAYER ELIGIBILITY RULES
NOTE THAT FROM 2024 THE SURREY SLAM WOMEN'S COMPETITION WILL BE IN TWO TIERS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ASSESS THE ELIGIBILITY RULES IN FULL TO ENSURE THAT YOU ENTER WHICHEVER VERSION IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR PLAYERS, THE CUP (HIGHER LEVEL) OR THE PLATE (LOWER LEVEL).
- SY-WPE.1 - All players must be aged 12 or above on 1st September 2023, unless they are within an Under 12 County Age Group squad for the current year, evidenced by a letter of consent from the coach and parents. This letter should be scanned and submitted to The Slam via the club's designated contact prior to participation in their first match of this year's competition.
- SY-WPE.2a - No player shall represent more than ONE team in EITHER version (Cup or Plate) of The Slam in any single year.
- SY-MPE.2b - The only exception to SY-WPE.2a is where a club enters a team into both of the Women's Cup and the Women's Plate. In such an instance a player IS able to play for both teams for that club ONLY in any single year so long as they meet the eligibility criteria for the version they are playing in at the given time as per rules under section SY-WPE.3.
- SY-WPE.3 - The following exclusions and restrictions shall be in effect for the whole of the competition in any given year.
- SY-WPE.3a - Any player who has EVER played any Senior Elite Pathway Cricket (e.g. Surrey Stars or Southeast Stars) is INELIGIBLE to play in either The Cup or The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3b - Any player selected for a Senior Regional Centre of Excellence in the current season is INELIGIBLE to play in either The Cup or The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3c - Any player selected for Senior County Cricket in the current season is INELIGIBLE to play in either The Cup or The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3d - Any player who participates in the Women's Cricket Southern League in the current season is INELIGIBLE to play in either The Cup or The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3e - Any player who has been selected for U18-level County Cricket in the current season may not bat any higher than 6 and may not bowl earlier than the 11th OVER in The Cup, and is INELIGIBLE to play in The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3f - Any player who participates in the Surrey Women's Premier and Championship Division in the current season and plays in The Slam may not bat higher than 5 and may not bowl any earlier than the 9th OVER in The Cup, and is INELIGIBLE to play in The Plate.
- SY-WPE.3g - Participation in either The Surrey Women's Slam Cup or Plate (save for that covered under SY.WPE.2) does NOT prohibit any participation in any other Slam competition, although their eligibility to do shall be based upon that other competition's own eligibility rules and not those above.
- SY-WPE.3h - Any player who has been selected for U15-level, or older, County Cricket in either the current season or the one before is INELIGIBLE to play in The Plate.
- SY-WPE.4 - Teams may submit to the Competition Manager a request for players to be exempt from any element of rule SY-WPE.3 whereby a player may have only played to a very limited degree at a level that would ordinarily result in ineligibility or restriction. This should be submitted via the designated online form ONLY and any exemption is only confirmed once it has been confirmed by email or text to the requesting team.
- SY-WPE.5 - Any dispute regarding players who have played for a team in this competition is to be referred, in writing, to the Competition Manager only by the designated Competition Contact for that team.
The above is implemented in good faith as players might not be well known to the opponent given the possibility that the two sides may regularly compete in different leagues. It is in the best interests of the competition itself that clubs compete in a fair manner given this competition’s intention to promote participation & inclusion within the game of cricket.